(updated August 2020)
SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19
Slough U3A’s Local History Group meets once a month. We have a varied program of activities – sometimes we will meet in St Laurence’s Church for a talk about a topic of local interest; sometimes we will visit a building or go for a walk in a location of historical interest.
Recent topics include:-
- The Grand Union Canal – talk
- History trail in Eton
- Visit to the Kederminster Library in Langley
- Slough Trading Estate
- St. Giles’ Church, Stoke Poges.
- We have walked the Herschel Park History Trail.
- Pub lunch at one of the oldest pubs in the area (The Red Lion, Langley)